The team at HealthView takes your health very seriously. As always we are keeping our clinic and our hands clean but now we are being extra cautious. Beds, tables, counters and door knobs are being disinfected between all visitors to HealthView. As well we have hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes available in all rooms.
Additionally, we require all patients who have traveled in the last 14 days or are experiencing symptoms to reschedule their appointments an observe the recommended 14 day self-isolation protocol.
We understand that this can be a very stressful time for you and are here to help answer your questions about this your other health concerns.
COVID-19 symptoms may be very mild or more serious, such as fever, cough and difficulty breathing. Symptoms may take up to 14 days to appear after exposure to the virus.
The virus is most commonly spread from an infected person through:
- respiratory droplets when you cough or sneeze
- close personal contact, such as touching or shaking hands
- touching something with the virus on it, then touching your eyes, nose or mouth before washing your hands.
In the meantime, here’s how you can help stay healthy and stop the spread of illness:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or if one is not available into your sleeve.
- Consider a wave or an elbow bump in place of a handshake, hug or kiss.
- Reduce your exposure to crowded places
- Encourage those you know are sick to stay home until they no longer have symptoms
- If you become ill, stay home until you are no longer showing symptoms.
We thank everyone for their co-operation and wish everyone good health!